Engage more successfully with your audience
Understanding your audience, whether it’s made up of paid subscribers, controlled circulation, or event attendees, is critical to your ability to successfully engage with your customers and to develop products which service them, or target them on behalf of advertisers.
Segmentation involves the mining of your audience database for the purpose of highly-targeted product planning, product development or niche marketing campaigns. But by definition segmentation is only part of a wider engagement process that includes audience building, capturing transactions and demographics into a comprehensive customer database, and then the generation of marketing and renewal campaigns.
- Develop an audience – Use configurable data capture form engine to develop your audience database, building rich individual profiles through online and offline user engagement
- Segmentation and targeting – Segment and target users with relevant content, advertising and marketing messages, throughout the user journey
- Data governance – Use in-built data management tools to collect and cleanse user data
Our approach is based on the fact that your audience data is critical, and ever-changing, so the segmentation process must include the data and demographics collection activities involved in e-commerce, registration and website activity. Then to support really effective segmentation the platform should provide or interact with the campaign and delivery systems, typically email and the relevant CMS.
Our platforms provide the means to:
- Capture data at source – combining digital product definition with sophisticated dynamic registration forms and an e-commerce engine that can be configured to capture highly valuable data and demographics, but which also can drive both digital and print fulfilment. An example part of digital fulfilment would be access control that provides incremental registration and metered access to support the initial customer journey.
- Capture user activity – capturing relevant details of website access, responses to emails and activity collected across other systems (for example events data), as well as synchronisation with any CRM.
- Query and segment data – providing a powerful and configurable interface for extracting datasets on the basis of any element of audience data. There is full support for third party data analysis and visualisation tools like Power BI, Faststats and Tableau, whether through an API, a standard Odata connection, or through data replication.
- Support content marketing delivery –interacting with the CMS to personalise content on the basis of audience data and activity, or support your own email marketing system through our connectors and APIs.
Return on Investment
- Reduce cost of data cleansing – Reduce operational costs of expensive and lengthy data-cleaning and deduping exercises by configuring the system to prompt the end user to complete regular data update tasks
- Increase revenue – Increase the Lifetime Value of your customers by monetising them from an earlier stage in the customer cycle; convert segmented audience data into new digital revenue streams from paid content, native advertising and content marketing
And finally, high quality audience segmentation can be combined with DPA settings, opt-ins/outs, and track the history of all your audience, customer and member interactions for auditing purposes – all standard features of our technology.