The recently released edition of Memberwise’s annual Harnessing the Web report shows the growing importance of increasing and enhancing the overall online presence and experience for your members. The growth of online platforms has changed the ways in which your members behave and now the mobile web is seen as an important channel when it comes to providing them with content and improving overall engagement.
harness the web
The top key findings of the report were:
1. The sector’s top goal in 2015 is new member acquisition
2. The key challenge in 2015 is the inadequate integration of systems, sites and information
3. Online member personalisation continues to prevail
4. A significant number of organisation are using responsive web design and many more are likely to follow in 2015
5. There is an increased understanding that the mobile web is helping to increase member engagement
6. Members expect an interactive, engaging and value driven online experience
‘Having the ability to collect and extract data that can then be used to provide insight into how members are thinking and behaving is fundamental to the sustained success of organisations. The trend of collecting and collating member and non-member intelligence through digital channels and using the insights gained to deliver and enhance service and product delivery is gathering pace. Organisations that fail to take advantage of this will quickly be left behind.’ - Heather Forrester, Research by Design
The report is available to download on Memberwise’s website and will be available in print at the Membership Excellence 2015 conference, the sector’s leading national conference dedicated to membership excellence. The event will take place on Wednesday 11 March at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury in London.
Abacus e-Media is proud to be the Official Member Engagement Sponsor for MEMX15. We will be at Stand 10 to discuss our joined up technology solutions that can address the report’s top 6 findings and enable our clients to create highly tailored digital experiences for their members. If you are attending this event, why not stop by and say hello, we’d love to talk to you.
Learn more about Member Excellence 2015