Engage more successfully with your members
Understanding your membership is critical to your ability to successfully engage with them and to develop products and services that can be targeted and provided them with real value.
Segmentation involves the mining of your audience database (members, non-members and subscribers) for the purpose of highly-targeted marketing communications, and product and services planning and development. But by definition segmentation is only part of a wider engagement process that includes audience building, recording transactions, and then the generation of marketing and renewal campaigns.
- Develop an audience database - Use configurable data capture form engine to develop your audience database, building rich individual profiles through online and offline user engagement
- Segmentation and targeting- Segment and target users with relevant content, advertising and marketing messages, throughout the user journey
- Data governance - Use in-built data management tools to collect and cleanse user data
Our approach is based on the fact that your membership data cannot be simply surfaced from static marketing database or a CRM. Your audience is alive and ever-changing, so as well as data mining tools we believe the segmentation process must include the data and demographics collection activities involved in e-commerce, registration and website activity. Then to support really effective segmentation the platform should provide or interact with the campaign and delivery systems, typically email and the relevant CMS.
Our platforms provide the means to:
- Capture data at source – providing a sophisticated dynamic forms and e-commerce engine that can be configured to capture highly valuable data and demographics, but which also can drive both digital and print fulfilment and highly targeted member communications. An example part of digital fulfilment would be access control where incremental registration and metered access to support the prospective member journey and build up a profile of your members.
- Capture user activity –capturing details of relevant website access, responses to emails and activity collected across other systems (for example events data), as well as synchronisation with any CRM.
- Query and segment data – providing a powerful and configurable interface for extracting datasets on the basis of any element of member data. There is also full support for third party data analysis and visualisation tools like Faststats and Tableau, whether through an API, a standard Odata connection, or through data replication.
- Support content marketing delivery – personalise content and communications on the basis of membership data and activity, or support your own CMS or email marketing system through our connectors and APIs.
Return on Investment
- Reduce cost of data cleansing- Reduce operational costs of expensive and lengthy data-cleaning and deduping exercises by configuring the system to prompt the end user to complete regular data update tasks
- Increase revenue - Increase the Lifetime Value of your members by monetising them from an earlier stage in the life cycle
- Increase revenue - Convert segmented audience data into new digital revenue streams from paid content, native advertising and content marketing
And finally, high quality membership segmentation can be combined with data governance best practice as our platforms support hierarchical DPA settings, opt-ins/outs, and track the history of all your audience and member interactions for auditing purposes – all standard features of our technology.