Abacus Domain Registration Policy
- Abacus will inform any new clients about Abacus Domain Registration Policy prior to signing a contract or service agreement as well as before service renewal;
- New clients will also be informed about Nominet’s Terms and Conditions of Domain Name Registration before the contract is made and before renewal;
- Customer Service commitments:
- Review and respond to any enquiries within 5 business days;
- Resolve issues after reviewing them within 5 business days;
- Complaints and appeal procedures:
Details of complaints and appeals procedures:
- Should you wish to raise a complaint about the services we provide please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org including as much detail about the complaint. We will review and investigate your enquire and aim to resolve it within 5 business days.
- Should you wish to report abuse you have received (phishing scams, spam emails, malware etc.), please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include as much detail as possible about the abuse. We will review and investigate your abuse complaint and aim to resolve it within 5 business days.
- Should you wish to contact us with any other enquiries please use one of the emails listed below:
- Public Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification Settings/Default Notification: email@example.com
- Renewal Warning Notification: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phishing Notification Email:email@example.com
- Invoice Notification:firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside of office hours please email us at: email@example.com.
- We will aim to acknowledge the receipt of your enquiry or complaint within no more than 5 business days;
- If you wish to make changes to your domain names please send us a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 5 business days;
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with the services we provide and the response you received and wish to take it further please feel free to escalate your issue to Nominet (the .uk registry).
You can find details of the complaints procedure at:
You can find Nominet’s Terms and Conditions of Domain Name Registration at:
Abacus will ensure our customers are aware of:
- Charges for registration, renewal, and maintenance;
- Any ongoing charges;
- Key terms of the contract;
- Renewal and expiry policy of domain names.
Contract terms (general):
- The Customer will be made aware of the contract terms prior to signing the before they enter into that contract;
- The Customer will be informed about prices for the domain-name related services Abacus provides;
- Renewal of expired and expiring domain name registrations;
- All domains are renewed on an annual basis, Abacus will send out reminder emails 14 days before expiry;
- The remainder will be sent to the email address on the account; it is the registrant’s responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date.
- Abacus takes no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details being incorrect. If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 14 days before your domain expires by contacting us at email@example.com or by telephone;
- If you do not renew your domain before its expiry date stated in your reminder Abacus will suspend all services and you will have up to 30 days to renew the domain name;
- After 30 days your domain will be suspended and will go into a 60 day grace period which you can still renew your domain name but with an additional redemption fee of £75 + VAT;
- After 90 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar. Abacus will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name.