It was the start of a busy week for Abacus, having spent the afternoon presenting to a delegation of German media owners and the Fachpresse (German PPA), at the Commonwealth Club, Abacus headed off to the party at Skyloft to share in the special celebrations which kicked off in some style.
The champagne and wine was flowing by the time the exhibition was unveiled – ten amazing covers from the last 100 years of magazine publishing – against a backdrop of the amazing London skyline at night.
The shortlisted covers are:
- Woman’s Weekly – July 1916, Wartime Women
- Harper’s Bazaar – November 1941, Fashion Blitz
- Cosmopolitan – March 1972, Launch Issue
- Time Out – November 1974, Churchill V-Sign
- New Scientist – April 1987, Chernobyl
- The Beano – February 1999, Dennis The Menace
- Vogue – December 2001, A Royal Salute
- Radio Times – April 2005, Vote Dalek!
- Empire – June 2005, Breathing Vader
- MacUser – February 2012, How Evil is Apple?
The public can cast one vote per person, per day. The winner of Cover of the Century will be announced on Novermber 21, 2013 – exactly 100 years since the creation of the PPA.
Here’s a sample of some of our favourites - why not go online to vote for yours?!