Single Customer View
Unify your customer data in one place and comply with GDPR regulations
With GDPR now in effect, the need for a single customer view (SCV) has never been more important. However, a SCV is not only a benefit for auditing purposes making it easy for your organisation to identify all the customer data you hold about a consumer, or for your customers to easily request and view all of the data that you hold about them, it should be a key aspect of your organisations business development strategy. We live in a complex world, with customer interactions happening on a daily basis via different media – the website, email, SMS messaging and mobile apps, in print and of course, at events or other face to face services that you may be providing, so you need to understand all of these touch points and transactions in combination when engaging with them.
A GDPR-compliant multichannel SCV as the single source of truth with tools to interrogate the underlying data will allow your organisation to analyse, segment, and execute communication campaigns, either from our platforms or via other campaign management tools. Without such a joined-up understanding about your customer data your marketing department are arguably blind to spot the opportunities to drive new business or communicate more effectively with relevant products and promotional offers.
Return on Investment
- GDPR compliance – Securely store and access all of your customer data in one place to simplify future audits and provide your customers with tools to remedy or erase their data
- Reduce the cost of technology – Simplify your technology stack and reduce the amount of integration required to synchronise key data by investing in a SCV
- Reduce the cost of marketing – Take advantage of good data governance and minimise wasteful marketing spend
- Increase revenue –Join up the dots in your data and identify new business opportunities across your customer base
Our solution offers a single customer view as a powerful by-product of data capture (registration, subscription, and e-commerce), access control, web activity and fulfilment activities. It can also act as a central hub for linking in other user activity, by importing access data from websites, or from other transactional systems using our in-built ETL tools (extract, transform and load) or our APIs. An effective SCV can provide an accurate and all-encompassing picture of your customers and so help drive key decision-making across the enterprise as well as driving engagement and keeping track of data protection preferences for auditing purposes.
The key to our single customer view solution is that each customer has a single unique record, regardless of the number of orders, addresses or demographics they supply over time. This unique structure allows you to store multiple demographic profiles, and flexible and configurable forms can be used to collect different data about your customers over time. It will also store associated company details, corporate subscriptions, web engagement activity and an audit trail of all customer interactions and activity so that you can report on or demonstrate an ongoing relationship with the user if your legal basing your contact strategy under the terms of GDPR, on legitimate interest, not just explicit consent.
ADvance DPA controls
- Single Customer View – Unify your customer data and build comprehensive individual profiles
- GDPR data governance – Use inbuilt data management tools to keep track of all customer contact for dispute resolution
- Data-driven decision making – Understand your customers and segment and target them with relevant content, advertising and marketing messages throughout the user journey
Good data governance requires effective data management tools and we take data governance very seriously and provide our customers with the tools to remain GDPR-compliant, so our technology provides a complete audit trail of customer contact and transactional history so that it is easy to track and demonstrate compliance, or remediate or erase customer data if requested to do so.
Once your organisation has a single customer view capability with error-free data, you can use sophisticated marketing tools to aggregate customer data and spot trends and common characteristics which will help it to drive new business opportunities. Learn more about our digital product development capabilities here.